DEPARTMENT: Community Development - Code Enforcement
SALARY: $15.67 - $17.89 Hourly
OPENING DATE: 06/05/19
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
Code Compliance Officer 1 – A variety of field and office work!
"The goal of Kootenai County is to help citizens come into compliance with County Ordinances"
THE POSITION: We are hiring for a specialized position that works with Kootenai County citizens that are asking for assistance in resolving issues involving County regulation and ordinance violations like abandoned vehicles, businesses in residential areas, and site disturbances.
• $15.67 to $17.89 per hour depending on experience
• Code Enforcement Officer Certification sponsored by the employer
• Public Employees Retirement System of Idaho (PERSI), a pension plan with five year vesting, 11.32% employer contribution, and a lifetime payout upon retirement.
• Excellent and comprehensive benefits package.For example, employee-only medical/dental/vision premium of only $47.00 per month (tobacco free rate).
IS THIS POSITION A GOOD FIT FOR YOU?
• Flexibility to work both in the office and in the field
• Position involves interviewing citizens, conducting investigations, and providing recommendations to resolve complaints, preparing evidence and testifying at hearings, drawing diagrams, and taking photos. • Beautiful area to live and work.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
• Do you have at least a High School Diploma or GED with at least 2 year's industry related experience?
• No college degree required, but preferred.
• Do you possess or have the ability to possess a Code Enforcement Officer Certificate?
• Are you familiar with building codes, zoning and disturbance regulations, erosion control and storm water management practices as well as procedures utilized in enforcement of codes and ordinances?
• Are you a problem solver that enjoys resolving complaints to a positive resolution?
• Do you possess or have the ability to possess a driver's license and be insurable?
Community Development Department (208) 446-1082 firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resources (208) 446-1640 email@example.com
OUR LOCATION: Located in beautiful northern Idaho, and home to approximately 150,000 residents, Kootenai County is surrounded by scenic mountains and more than twenty pristine lakes--an outdoor enthusiast's dream. The largest city and county seat is located in Coeur d'Alene and is on the majestic shores of Lake Coeur d'Alene. With a low crime rate and cost of living that is below the national average and significantly less than in larger cities, it is an ideal place to call home.
TO APPLY: Apply online at www.kcgov.us . In order to be considered please attach cover letter and resume to your online application. Must successfully pass the County's pre-employment and subsequent drug tests.
EOE/Vets Preference/Drug Free Workplace
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: Position #2019-00042 http://www.kcgov.us/departments/personnel/jobs/ CODE COMPLIANCE OFFICER I - CD
CK 451 N Government Way PO Box 9000
Coeur d'Alene, ID 83816 (208) 446-1640 firstname.lastname@example.org
Code Compliance Officer I - CD Supplemental Questionnaire
For this application we require a cover letter as well as resume. Please verify that you have attached a cover letter and resume prior to submitting this application. Yes No
* 2. If you are a veteran, did you attach a copy of your DD214? Yes No